Plan your visit
The Martin Harris Centre for Music and Drama is situated on the south side of Manchester city centre in the heart of the University’s campus. It is located just behind the Manchester Museum, on Oxford Road, approximately a mile south of the city centre. The Centre is easily accessible by public transport networks.
Important update from The Martin Harris Centre
(updated 30 Sept 2021)
We are delighted to be welcoming audiences back to our venue and our priority is to ensure that your visit is safe and enjoyable.
When visiting our building, we will be strongly recommending our visitors follow our guidelines (including wearing face coverings).
As per the government guidelines we will be returning to full capacity audiences with no social distancing.
When you visit The Martin Harris Centre, there are a number of measures that we have decided to keep in place for the short-term, to ensure a healthier environment for audiences, staff and students.
- We expect you to wear a face covering from arrival at the venue, inside the building, queuing for box office, toilets or the café and when seated in the auditorium. Please help us to keep staff and others as safe as possible. The only exceptions to these guidelines will be when eating or drinking in your seat, or if you are medically exempt.
- We strongly encourage visitors to regularly sanitise their hands whilst in the venue.
- Perspex screens separating staff from audiences will be in place in high traffic areas.
- Patrons are requested not to linger in the foyer and are asked to keep moving along unless you are queuing for toilets or lifts.
- We recommend that our visitors download the NHS COVID pass.
- NHS QR codes are located at the entrance. If you have a mobile phone, we encourage visitors to scan a QR code to check-in using the NHS COVID-19 app.
Alternatively if you are unable to download the NHS Covid-19 app, please complete a track & trace form at the venue and leave it in the collection box provided.
Please consider others, giving them time and space to move around the venue, and understand they may have different requirements to yours.
If you have any questions, in advance of your visit, please do not hesitate to contact our Box Office team who will be happy to help.
Tel: 0161 275 8951
We look forward to welcoming you back!
Martin Harris Centre for Music and Drama
The University of Manchester
Bridgeford Street, off Oxford Road
Tel: 0161 275 8951
Our maps and advice should help to make your visit as straight forward as possible.
The Martin Harris Centre for Music and Drama is at the centre of the University's campus on Oxford Road and is situated behind the Manchester Museum. View maps.
The multi-storey car park on Booth Street West is near to the Matin Harris Centre. Find out about Blue Badge parking availability.
There is a ramp at the Coupland Street entrance and level floor entrances to both performance spaces. Find out more about our accessible facilities.
Many of our events are family-friendly and we offer a variety of events and activities for Schools and groups. Request a Teachers' Resource Pack.
Visiting with children
We welcome families with small children to family-friendly concerts and events. Find out about our babes in arms policy.
Featuring a floor-plan of the building as well as photographs of our performance spaces, cafe and box office facilities.
Food and drink
From light refreshments at Café Arts to dining options at Christie's Bistro and Teacup at Manchester Museum.